Position: Finance Assistant
Location: Moose Cree Employment Training Unit Corporation, Moose Factory ON.
Classification: Three (3) Month TERM POSITION – PART TIME
Deadline: June 7, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m.
Summary of Position:
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Finance Assistant (FA) is responsible for the efficient day to day functions of MCETU’s financial accounting system. The Finance Assistant will perform general finance administration duties such as cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, GST/HST reporting, bank reconciliations, quarterly financial reporting, internal controls and other duties within the finance office as directed by the supervisor to facilitate its efficient operation.
- Record accounts payable by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices
- Ensure vendors are paid on a timely and accurate basis
- Complete all payroll functions to ensure that staff are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Submit all statutory payroll remittances and group benefits contributions on time every month
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded and reconciled accurately
- Process client/project payments ensuring that each one is properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents
- Assist in preparation of quarterly financial reports as per Agreement with Employment and Social Development Canada
- Prepare and process monthly GST/HST reports as per legislative requirements
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed as both paper records and digital records
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor to meet operational requirements