EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT WORKER
Competition #22-02 (Second Posting)
Moose Cree Training & Employment Unit (MCTEU)
Moose Factory, Ontario
Under the authority and general direction of the Manager of Training and Employment, the Employment Support Worker (ESW) shall be responsible for the delivery of client services and project management. The ESW will assist Moose Cree First Nation members, businesses and affiliated organizations in the development and maintenance of employment & training initiatives. Assistance with reporting obligations to the Indigenous Skills Employment Training (ISETS) Agreementheld between Economic Social Development Canada (ESDC) Service Canada and Moose Cree Training & Employment Unit Corporation will be required. Furthermore, the ESW will support the administrative tasks related to the planning and organizing of the activities pertaining to the Moose Cree Training & Employment Unit (MCTEU).
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences and/or a minimum of five (5) years of relevant employment experience.
• Grade 12 Diploma
• Knowledge of Human Resource Development Programs and Services
• Working knowledge of the former Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training Strategy (ASETS)
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills
• Exhibits knowledge of MCTEU’s identity, mission, and goals
• Proposal development skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills
• Capable of thinking creatively and analytically
• Manages time efficiently
• Working knowledge of the Accountability Resource Management (ARMS) database
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to communicate in the Cree Language is an asset
• Initiative is required to effectively and efficiently complete assigned tasks
• Willingness to travel when required
• Willingness to perform overtime as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Excellent organizational skills
• Valid Class G Driver’s license is a necessity
• Must provide a recent CPIC or Proof of application
Salary: As per Established Salary Grid (Employee benefits included)
Duration: Permanent – Full Time with a probationary period
References: Three (3) recent employment references required permission to contact
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and References to:
Cheryl Ashamock, Manager of Training and Employment
Phone: 705-658-2847 ext. 4
DEADLINE: Wednesday July 20, 2022 @ 4:00 P.M.
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to postal changes we recommend submitting via email.