Updates to By-Law #1609:
WHEREAS, there is a significant amount of new confirmed COVID-19 cases in both Moose Factory and Moosonee, Ontario.
WHEREAS the community needs to limit social gatherings and limit non-essential travel to ensure the risk of the virus circulating in the community decreases. All community members need to assist in ensuring these measures are followed.
NOW THEREFORE, Chief and Council hereby enact the following bylaw for the protection of public health and safety on Moose Factory Island:
Emergency Preventative Measures
3. A mandatory 9:00 pm to 6:00 am curfew for all residents of Moose Factory Island will remain in effect. Exemptions will be made only for those attending work, in need of medical care and for those participating in traditional harvesting.
4. No vehicle traffic will be permitted to enter or leave Moose Factory Island from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am effective February 26, 2021. The only exemption will be for emergency vehicles and for those providing essential services.
5. All those walking or travelling on snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles to and from Moose Factory Island must stop at the screening checkpoint at the barge landing.
23. Until further notice, all schools in Moose Factory Island must close.
24. Until further notice, all spiritual services including traditional ceremonies and churches in Moose Factory Island are not permitted.
25. Until further notice, all sports and recreation programming in Moose Factory Island are not permitted.
26. Day Cares are an essential service and shall remain open in Moose Factory Island until further notice.
30. As per Council Motion #2021-11-422 passed on February 26, 2021, this bylaw will remain in force for an additional fourteen days (14) days to March 12, 2021, unless that time period is extended or abridged by resolution of Council.